Is This It-2016?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It amazes me that the offense has been this bad. This team can't survive if it doesn't hit, the pitching is not good enough. Gotta get their you know what in gear and start having some better approaches on the plate and soon otherwise they will fall out of the race.

I think they are out of the race and will continue to free fall right past the Yankees into fourth place within the month. They look like a team of AA rejects that have been tortured, whipped, worked to the bone, and fed a steady diet of dead leaves and stale cat treats since April. There is no energy, no heart, no fight left in this team's players. We have a long way to fall til we're in the cellar, but the Rays will soon be patting us on the shoulder, saying, "it's OK. I know what it's like to be out of contention."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are 7-8 in August. Not exactly a free fall out of contention.

A couple bats get hot and that will change everyone's outlook. I think the next 10 days are important though. Houston has lost four in a row and the Yankees are very beatable. I'll take a split against the Nats.

This next series vs Houston is the turning point. It remins me of last year's games vs the Twins where the Twins swept the Os and turned their dreams into a nightmare. They MUST win 3 of 4 and get the offense clicking. Also, can I just mute Bordick?

I think they are out of the race and will continue to free fall right past the Yankees into fourth place within the month. They look like a team of AA rejects that have been tortured, whipped, worked to the bone, and fed a steady diet of dead leaves and stale cat treats since April. There is no energy, no heart, no fight left in this team's players. We have a long way to fall til we're in the cellar, but the Rays will soon be patting us on the shoulder, saying, "it's OK. I know what it's like to be out of contention."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is comical. Less than a week ago this team came back from 6 runs down to win a game on the road against a very good Giants team. Did that not show heart?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You guys sure give up on a good team quickly.

They've done it themselves! The standings by themselves don't tell the story. The story is that this team was great before the All Star Break, especially in June, and has been falling in the standings ever since. The only reason we hadn't lost first place until recently is that the Blue Jays and Red Sox were having their own share of problems. Now that both are surging, they will very happily and effortlessly leave us in the dust.

This is what we get for merely "hanging with the pack" instead of pulling ahead a significant lead ever since the All Star Break. We had numerous opportunities, but we always seemed to lose when the Jays/Sox lost, and usually (but not always) won when the Jays/Sox won. So the standings remained more or less constant for literally weeks. It's not hard to see how a dead heat like that can lead to one of the teams pulling ahead by putting in just a little more effort and having a little more gut than the rest. Seems like that team is the Jays. And the first wild card will be the Sox.

Somehow this board spends most of it's time pondering "What if" questions...

What if frogs had wings? They wouldn't bump their butts on the ground so much.

What if we didn't have so many What if questions?

What if we had a team that adjusts, that plays consistent baseball and wasn't so damn predictable?

What if we didn't spend so much time having to ask what if questions?

Sucks to be us.

Archived